Thursday, July 21, 2011

A post to help you procrastinate/waste your time/stop your boredom

Well, it's about time I wrote another blog post. But there really hasn't been anything to blog about, as I've been stuck indoors with the terrible weather this week. But that's alright, spent most of the time watching lots and lots of YouTube videos, and I'm going to dump them right here for your viewing pleasure.

Feel-good video:

I'm a fan of the ____ Got Talent shows worldwide, because there always seems to be a few feel-good stories coming out of it, along with some amazing acts been shown to the world that maybe would not have gotten the chance to, if not for the show. And I love this clip especially, because everyone in this clip was guilty of judging the performer before he had done his act (myself included), and then he does this amazing performance. Michael Collings, you legend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB98dcWkQqA&feature=player_embedded

(Sorry, I can't embed the video, but it is definitely worth clicking.)

Random video:

Rupert Murdoch has been all over the news lately, with the demise of his famous newspaper, 'News of the World' over alleged phone-hacking. Well, a YouTube video surfaced of some comedian/activist, trying to pie Rupert Murdoch in the face. Now, Rupert Murdoch is old and pretty frail, I'm thinking. Plus he's super rich. Maybe not a smart move to try and physically assault him in front of members of parliament.

Anyway, the reason I love this video is watching the reactions of all the people in that office. It's similar to a social phenomenon called 'social loafing', where with the increased number of people, people are less inclined to perform a task, or perform that task well. In this case, it's stopping some guy trying to pie someone that is essentially the boss.

And according to that theory, friendly asians are the least likely to slack off, and in this video, Murdoch's wife Wendi Deng, comes to the rescue and defends her man. And notice the old guys at the ends of the horseshoe who don't do anything at all.

Anyway, I've rambled on, just watch the reactions and stuff. It's priceless.



DANCE videos:

So much SWAG:



One of the sickest showcases I've ever seen. I have 2:25 on repeat:



One of my favourite scenes from Step Up 3D that I rediscovered. Just love how everyone is having fun. Oh, and the sweet moves:



Gah, it seems I may have spent too much time on the computer.

No comments: